Forum

Please or Register to create posts and topics.

Android Tablet Recommendations.

Hi.

I'm a film composer, strongly considering buying an Android Tablet so that I can hook it up to Cubase using Daw-It.

I'd like to know if you have any advice on which tablets I should buy? Most tablets have only one USB port, which means that I cannot charge the tablet and use it as a MIDI port at the same time. Are there any tablets with multiple USB ports which also run Android?

Thank you for your help!

Kind regards,
Nikolaï

Hello. I don't think that a tablet with multiple USB ports exist in the market.
But I must inform you that every Android device, while is connected via USB onto a computer USB port, is being charged at the same time.
I use 2 tablets and 1 phone with DAW IT on Cubase and all 3 devices are being charged.
Only one time I met with a tablet which was discharged very slowly but  I discovered that it's battery life was almost exhausted.

I hope I helped a bit

Hi Auth-bot.

Thank you for that. I was a bit concerned because I saw some forums claiming that tablets don't do well with tasks as well as charging through the single USB port. Do you happen to know if the Samsung Galaxy Tab series support MIDI?

Kind regards,

I use Galaxy Tab A 10" and it supports MIDI
A user informed us that he uses Samsung Galaxy Tab S5e and he had to "enable Developer Options in the settings section" and then enable MIDI as a default option on the USB port

I think that all newer Samsung devices support MIDI

Nikolai Clavier has reacted to this post.
Nikolai Clavier

Thanks for your help!

N.

dawvelopment logo